These charming vintage Christmas card designs were chosen as part of our annual Christmas card competition.
Julie Smith jumped at the chance to enter her late grandfather’s artwork into the Help for Heroes 2021 Christmas card competition. ‘’I have been in possession of my grandfather, Leslie’s, designs for some while. I am therefore delighted that they have been chosen to be included in this year’s range!’’.
Her grandfather Leslie Douglas Savage was a keen artist from a young age and later became a member of the Territorial Army during the second world war; active service saw him travel to Egypt, North Africa, and the Middle East. He documented his time at war in a scrapbook containing a series of photographs and sketches.
A selection of Leslie’s beautiful designs presented on these Christmas cards are believed to have been created during the 1950’s or 60’s giving them a wonderful nostalgic and vintage Christmas atmosphere.
‘’I am interested in the impact of war on people's lives, past and present. As a history teacher, I have led several trips to the First World War battlefields of France and Belgium, and to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire. Whilst I have not had any direct involvement in the work of Help for Heroes, I therefore very much support its mission to help wounded veterans and their families’’.
Help for Heroes believes those who serve our country deserve support when they’re wounded. Every day, men and women have to leave their career in the Armed Forces as a result of physical or psychological wounds. The charity helps them, and their families, recover and get on with their lives. It has already supported more than 26,500 people and won’t stop until every wounded veteran gets the support they deserve.
- The greeting inside the card reads 'With Best Wishes For Christmas and the New Year'
- 10 pack
- Two designs, 5 of each design
- Envelopes included
- Size: 12 ½ cm x 12 ½ cm
- Designed, manufactured, printed and packed in UK
- All cards and envelopes are fully FSC certified
- Our manufacturer is certified with World Land Trust, reducing carbon impact and preserving ecologically important standing forests –https://carbonbalancedpaper.com/
- Cards are packed in fully recyclable OPP clear cello bags – the best solution currently available at this time