'The Positive-Tree', is an exclusive design for Help for Heroes this Christmas by Julie, a member of our Band of Sisters Fellowship, chosen as part of our annual Christmas card competition.
Julie first heard about Help for Heroes in 2014 when her husband Mark was discharged from the Army. She says ‘Life was pretty tough before we got support. I was juggling a full-time job, a home and caring for Mark, both physically and mentally. It was slowly wearing me down and I think without support it would have broken me’.
Julie and Mark began visiting Phoenix House Recovery Centre in Catterick in 2017 for respite weekends. Mark was able to join the Band of Brothers fellowship, where he found new hobbies, gained more independence and made new friends and Julie found support through the Band of Sisters, she says, ‘The support we’ve had from Help for Heroes has helped us both greatly’.
It was after visiting the art room at Phoenix House that Julie began to reconnect with her love of art, she says, ‘I focus on the paper in front of me and I am distracted from my worries. It helps relax me and gives me much needed “me time”’. She even created her own creative space at home as her “little sanctuary” to paint and be creative.
On having her artwork picked as a Christmas card design, Julie says she’s, ‘Excited, I am thrilled to have been picked and to be able to pay back a little to Help for Heroes for all the support we’ve received, and to be able to help others going forward’.
- The greeting inside the card reads 'With Best Wishes For Christmas and the New Year'
- 10 pack
- One design
- Envelopes included
- Size: 10cm x 15cm
- Designed, manufactured, printed and packed in UK
- All cards and envelopes are fully FSC certified
- Our manufacturer is certified with World Land Trust, reducing carbon impact and preserving ecologically important standing forests –https://carbonbalancedpaper.com/
- Cards are packed in fully recyclable OPP clear cello bags – the best solution currently available at this time