The purpose of this policy is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either browsing or registering as a user on Help for Heroes Trading website at shop.helpforheroes.org.uk (“the Website”).
1 Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in any of the forms on the Website. This includes information provided such as your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit cards or other payment information and passwords.
- Registration or Contact Form(s) or when you sign up to receive newsletters.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of Donations you make through the Website.
- Details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access) Please see our Cookies Policy for more information.
2 How we use your data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To fulfil any agreement we have entered into with you.
- To register you with our web site and to administer our web site services; for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- Use your contact details and transaction history to keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions which we consider may be of interest to you). We will only contact you by email and post. You can ‘opt out’ of receiving these communications at the point at which we collect your personal data or at any other time by using ‘unsubscribe’ links sent in emails or by contacting our customer services team on 01725 514144 or writing to Help for Heroes Trading at 14 Parkers Close, Downton Business Centre, Salisbury, SP5 3RB.
- Use your IP address to direct relevant advertising to you on other operators websites. Please read ‘IP addresses and cookies’ section below for further information.
3 Our legal basis for processing your data:
Under law we use a condition called ‘legitimate interest’ to process your data or where you buy products from us and we collect data to fulfil your order, such as your address and contact telephone number, we use the ‘contract’ condition.
When you submit your personal information to us, either purchasing a product, creating an online account or requesting further information such as requesting a catalogue we will store your data in a database and record activities that you undertake. We do this to enable us to complete any orders you make with us or to maintain any preferences you have for receiving information from us and to ensure we supress our contact with you when you have requested us to do so.
Where we send you marketing information by email or post we do so in our legitimate interest to raise funds to support the Help for Heroes charitable objectives to deliver services and support to our beneficiaries. You will always be given an opportunity to ‘opt out’ of receiving marketing information when you give us your data and you can unsubscribe at any other time.
4 Who your data may be transferred to:
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to employees of Help for Heroes Trading Limited (or associate companies) to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Help for Heroes Trading Limited now or in the future;
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- where we seek to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other associated companies of Help for Heroes Trading Limited, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites.
5 Where we store your data
In carrying out the activities specified in this section, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. We take steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6 IP Addresses and Cookies
We use "cookies" to provide you with customised information from our web site. A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system.
7 How long your data will be kept
Your data will be kept within our client relationship management database for 3 years from the point you last made contact with us as an ‘active’ record after that point it will remain in the same database as a ‘lapsed’ record where it may be retained for a further 7 years.
We may still send product catalogues to carefully selected individuals using personal data held as ‘lapsed’, you are able to ‘opt out’ of receiving these catalogues at any time.
8 How you are in control:
You are in control of the data we hold about you and at anytime you can request:
- to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected
- to restrict the data held about you
- to have a copy of the personal data held about you
- to have your data deleted
You can make a request for any of the above by writing to Emma McIntyre, Data Protection Officer, Help for Heroes, Unit 18 Downton Business Centre, Wiltshire SP5 3RB or by email email@example.com
In all cases your request will be fulfilled unless there is a legal reason not to do so which will be explained to you at the time of your request. If you are unhappy about how your personal data is managed you can raise a concern or complaint with the Information Commissioner, telephone: 0303 123 1113 website: www.ico.org.uk